Tuesday, June 17, 2008

PBCLS Wiki

After playing around with the pbcls wiki, I don't think we are using wiki's to their full potential. After all, if we just wanted a list of our favorite bookmarks, we could easily use something like del.icio.us. The idea of wiki's is to post content that links to other content. For example, I posted a little about my favorite band in the pbcls wiki and gave a link to their webpage which is fine, and I think that's essentially how it's supposed to work, but instead of just listing links, you have add content. For example, if you are adding a link to your favorite band, you have to say, why it's your favorite band. I understand that this is an exercise, but I still think we could be using wiki's better than just as lists of our favorite things.

1 comment:

Hermes-san said...

Yeah, I felt naturally compelled to add more to my few links too. It just felt weird putting a link up in a wiki unconnected to anything else.