Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Thoughts on Bloglines

I guess it's useful. I mean, when I did a search of RSS feeds I found a few sites that I visit outside my normal sites that had RSS feeds that I would be interested in, but really... if it has an RSS feed, it probably has one on livejournal too. To me, it would have been just easier instead of getting 8 million different accounts to use a site like livejournal. Then, you can access not only your friends blogs easily but also RSS feeds. Really, outside of work, LJ/Facebook/Gmail are my one-stop (ok, I guess technically 3 stop) shop for all my internet needs. In fact, as a paid member, you can even create syndicated accounts using the RSS address of the feed that you are interested in. The only advantage of a site like bloglines is if there wasn't already a community or feed on lj that you were interested in, you would have to pay on lj to gain access as opposed to having it all lined up for free on bloglines. Still, with such a huge community, I'm sure lj has something for everyone, and the few feeds/communities that you couldn't find, how hard would it be to just visit those sites?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started out on Bloglines and then moved to Google Reader. If you get hooked on the RSS thing, you should give Reader a try. It is like Gmail for feeds, and their recommendations are so good it is dangerous. (Well, at least to someone who already has 208 subscriptions and 1000+ unreads.)

Annmarie Campbell said...

That does sound better. I may give that a try.