Friday, May 23, 2008

Digging for Dinos

What was I thinking?! Honestly, I think I was crazy when I thought pasta fossils would be a good craft. I knew it when I saw the kid drop his entire tray dirt and all onto the floor. The dig itself went well. One kid was upset that they weren't actually digging, but everyone else had fun. Also, they liked the stories. So, that was good. But yeah, whoever said pasta fossils were good for 5-8 only had like 3 kids or something. With 51 people in the story time room, it was a certified zoo. The floor is trashed and I'm going to continue working on it on Sunday. Cindi said that she is going to ask the cleaning people to clean our carpets early. I hope it works. The kids seemed to enjoy it though. I guess that is a good thing, and Cindi wasn't mad. She laughed when I asked her that and said it would all wash out and that I was the most adventurous of all of us when it came to programming.

I was proud of that, but also felt a little bad because I know if anyone else were planning something like this, they would have figured out the contingencies. Like, there was no way that the dirt was staying on the trays. I just thought "WOW! That's a really fun idea. I want to do that." That's why I like working with Amanda. She always points out the dangers of what I think will be an awesome program, and if we can't find a way around it, then it's tabled until we can.

Also, I got my b-day cupcake today. It looks incredibly yummy. Thank you everyone!!