Monday, July 14, 2008

Is this really the end? Or just the beginning?

I'm treating this as I would treat a meme.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I was skeptical about learning about wikis, but now I think they are a good idea. I liked learning about all of the things that were discovered on the way, and I think the best part was being able to blog and read my friends' and colleagues' blogs and see how much fun they were having with the program as well. Also, it was cool to see the library embracing new technology such as myspace and youtube, and such. I hope that this trend continues. I know that I will always be excited about exploring things like this and applying it to my library life.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Yes! I feel that I have learned a lot more about things that I was only vaguely aware of before, and I have learned how things that I use in my own daily life can be applied for use in the library.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I actually like wikis now. ^_~

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Please don't schedule it in the middle of summer next time. It made it very difficult to keep up with the schedule of things. But, other than that, keep up the good work on embracing new things!

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Definitely!

No comments: